Monday, March 17, 2008

New Stuff Weekend

First off, Happy St. Patrick's Day! In blog tradition, we generally run about a day behind, we will have green baby pictures tomorrow. (I should think ahead next time and wear green the day before for the blog photos.)

We do have some green (so you can't pinch the blog!) thanks to Grandpa Ken.
You can never have too many visits to Starbucks in one week.
We met Ken on Friday morning and had a lovely little visit. Katie was a bit sleepy since she refused to nap in the morning. Bonus was that she was all tired and cuddly with Grandpa...he was over the moon enjoying the cuddles. (and nose beeps!)

Visiting Grandpas (part II) (possible new blog title?), we stopped by Papa's for lunch on Friday. And Katie got to try out her new High Chair! (well, it's old-new, if you know what I mean)
(Papa...don't eat that, it's MY FOOD!)
Here's the full length view...lovely!
And, magically, like a Transformer, it changes into a desk/play table! Oh my goodness that's fun!
We were invited to Grandpa Ken and Grandma Cheryl's for dinner on Friday evening where we got to try out ...Our New Crib! (again old-new) (ok, I mean used, but that doesn't sounds as good) It's beautiful and Katie likes it! (although once she realized it was a crib, she did almost start crying because she didn't want to go to bed yet...we took her out right away!)After dinner, Katie played drums on a pie...and may I suggest getting Katie interested in something other than drums? I hear they're quite loud...Ocarina lessons instead please?As I said, this was a weekend of New Stuff...Ben and I took Katie to an "I've Outgrown It" Sale and scored big time:18 old-new Peek-a-Blocks...for 4$! And "100" (I haven't counted) Mega Bloks, for 5$There was so much stuff at the sale it's really amazing that this is all we came home with. We are practicing restraint. (ok, there's was also a cute summer dress, but that was everything!)

I tried taking a picture to show how excited Katie was with her new blocks...she really was excited...but this is what we got. Katie's clearly thinking that her parents are dorky and trying to hard for the photograph. With all her modeling experience I think she would advise we try and look more natural.

Sunday we made a quick trip to Costco and came home with this:Ah yes, "Baby in a Box" never gets old does it? Don't you wish they really stocked this at Costco? So cute. Probably pretty expensive though. =)

"Smiling baby freshly made for you to take home today! Big smile included!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, you are a bit of a dork, and I love it!
-Auntie Andrea

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you could get SUPER CUTE BABIES at Costco!! Lots of love :)