Thursday, December 9, 2010

Baking!

I'm definitely feeling more seasonal lately...It helped that we went to an AWESOME Christmas breakfast and craft event with my friend Megan and her family, held at their church, this past weekend. The food was great and the best part was seeing the kids ave so much fun! I'm so grateful that they thought to ask us to join them.

Today was Katie's sharing day at preschool. Parents and grandparents were invited to come and do some crafts with the kids as well as watch some song and dance...and participate! It was really neat to see what they do and see how the teachers interact with the kids. Katie did get a little overwhelmed and chose to sit out for a bit, but we understand it can be awkward, with all those strangers around watching. Ben and Gram Cheryl were able to come and Great Auntie Joan even popped by! Sam stayed home with Auntie Andrea and Uncle Sheldon.

Anyway! Now we've had lunch and since I'm napping Sam later now, I'm just getting used to having more time after lunch. What shall we do...Bake? We made dough for making gingerbread men. I bought a set on impulse because it had cutters for clothes and a santa hat and beard with it. Too cute! What's our favorite part of baking? Licking the beater/spoon or course!
(I'd almost forgotten I can take pictures with the laptop...yay!)

The dough has to cool in the fridge for a few hours so the girls are doing dishes. Yup, for real. I have limited their dishes to plastics or other unbreakables. The mess will be astronomical I think. And I am planning on rewashing the dishes later when they're not looking. I've never let Sam get involved before, but she has this very insistent way of getting involved. I swear, half the time I think about baking these days, I decide not too because of the way the girls start pushing chairs over as soon as they see me go near a kitchen counter.

It's maddening, but then, what else is new? =)

No comments: