Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Finally Springish

Whoops...have we not talked since St Patrick's Day? My bad...

(The funniest thing about St. P Day was how the Leprechaun's came to Katie's classroom and were mischievous and MADE a MESS(!!), turning chairs upside down and on the tables, and leaving footprints all over the floor...these teachers we have are SO wonderful!!)

Though the weather has finally started warming up and the snow is melting, for a while there I was doubtful we would ever feel spring-ish...so the girls and I decided to make butterflies and adorn the walls. (and their backs). This inspiration came from a favorite blog of mine, Made. Katie enjoyed the craft though I did end up colouring most of the butterflies, simply for speed and efficiency.
Sam coloured some wings too and though she didn't seem to need antenna like Katie, was pleased to have her wings just like her big sister. (stuck on with tape)
This is such a silly picture...I was being lazy and tossed the girls coats down to the back entryway, hoping to avoid the terribly arduous pain (*sarcasm alert*) of having to open the gate and walk down 4 stairs to hang them up. Sam's landed right on top of the light and the girls thought seeing the coat on the wall was just about the funniest thing ever.
This is our first time playing scrabble with the girls. (or rather Ben and I playing scrabble while the girls watched, learned and played with our letters, possibly dropping them on the floor...I may have been a little uptight about them dropping tiles on the floor. Can mom spell R-E-L-A-X?) Katie had fun and calls it "Scribble". The game was a nice way to do something fun and celebrate that it was spring break and Ben was home the whole week. We had so much fun with Dad around! By the way, Sam looks like she's not enjoying the "scribble", but really she's just mad I pulled her out of her chair for the photo. Bad Mom. =)
Here's a happy Sam! Wearing a beautiful Chinese dress that Uncle Jerry brought back from Cambodia. I love this bright colour on Sam. I had to tear it off her later as she has sbuck back to the table for more breakfast (she's such a grazer...if I don't clear breakfast she would nibble at it all day)...no Rice Krispees on this dress please!
Katie's dress doesn't quite fit, though she was game to try it. Since we recently had her 4 year checkup with the Pediatrician (about a month early) and found that she's well proportioned at the 90something percentile, I'm not surprised that a size 4 doesn't quite fit! (for the record: 49lbs/22.2kg and 3'8"/92cm)We managed to squeeze in a playdate with our friends D and M during spring break. I think it was one of our best play dates ever with them! (and rest assured there have been many great ones!) The kids hardly argued and played so well together that Megan and I had almost a full and complete conversation. Wonderful! The kids had fun playing in their dress up box. (Katie was looking for the lion costume, which we never found, but in the spirit of the awesome play date, there were No Tears etc about this)(...now had it been a princess/ballerina costume...!)
We ended the play date with a rousing game of Curious George Discovery Beach . We've played it before and it's a fun game for the kids. Makes me really look forward to playing more board games with the kids. And Megan was an excellent game hostess. A really lovely day overall. As I mentioned, the weather is finally looking up and we're seeing more grass. The girls and I went on a couple of walks ("Expedition!" says Katie) and are enjoying splashing in the puddles ans being in the sunshine. And I have to write this now, because I don't want to forget to tell you...as we were on our walk in our neighbourhood yesterday, we passed some people that we don't know. I said hello and something about the weather and Katie looks at them and says "We can't talk to you right now because we're minding our own business!" with quite a lot of almost 4 year old attitude and maybe even a finger wag. I have no idea where she got that, but it was hilarious and a glance at the gentleman says he agreed. =)

No comments: