Thursday, September 9, 2010

Preschool is Good...!

Haven't told you about preschool yet, have I? Everything went well. No tears (from either of us!). I didn't get a lot of information about what Katie thought because although she's a bit of a chatterbox, it's only when she wants to be. I'm sure we'll hear more as she gets more comfortable. I did hear that they served a snack. Apple juice and a cookie. That's the really important information I guess. =)

Here's a "first day of school" picture.


I got them both outside although it was pretty chilly out that early in the morning. Katie decided pretty quickly to run back inside the house where it was warmer before I could take any better pictures.
Last week (or was it the week before?) I decided to make playdough for the girls. I don't know why...we have lots of store bought playdoh already...! I was pleased with the colours though...using my gel food colouring. And substituting lemon juice for the cream of tartar called for in the recipe seemed t o work fine. It was a bit stickier than the normal kind so some of the playdoh tools didn't work as well. I'll try and cook it more next time, maybe that will make it stiffer. (not sure why Katie has no shirt in this pic...she likes taking her clothes off sometimes.)

In preparation for the coming winter ("Hello? Fall? Aren't you usually nicer than this? I'm cold already all the time and feel a need to buy tons of new sweaters and pants for everyone.") Katie tried on the snowsuit I bought (70% off!) at end of the season last year. Phew! It fits generously and will last the whole winter I'm sure. Cute no?
I'm hoping that Katie's snowsuit that she's worn the last two winters will fit Sam. Must remember to try it on her soon.

Have a great week!

No comments: