Sunday, January 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Sam!

Sam, today you turned one year old. I can't believe this day has come so fast. You are amazing. You smile a lot, laugh and giggle too.

You are somewhat walking...taking 1-2 steps hear and there while lunging for the nearest solid object. It's so hard to pin down when you took your actual "first steps" since you've taken them so smoothly and subtly. This evening, during your birthday supper with grandparents, Auntie Andrea and Great Auntie Gail, you walked about 5 steps...so they tell me, I was in the kitchen getting the last of dinner ready. I suppose that's definitely walking...although you'll need a bit more practice before you're running after your big sister. (You'll enjoy doing that!)

You had your very first piece of cake today. (Gram (Papa) and Katie made it for you) You enjoyed it once you figured out how yummy it was.
You're a wonderful sleeper, except maybe when you're teething...7 teeth down, how many to go? You are really growing up and becoming more fun by the day. You're learning words...you know quite a few..."More" was the first that you said (It sounds like Moh!). You know "Nose", Belly Button", "Mom","Dad" and perhaps "Milk"...maybe others like Ball? It's hard to tell this early. I'm afraid we don't always have time for language drills. You're certainly not afraid to tell us when you want something...this is why we taught you "More" so early.

I think back to a year ago, when you were a tiny newborn and think of all the things you've learned and all that you've grown and I'm astonished! I know it happens to all babies, but you make it all seem so special! Your dad and I (and Katie) are thrilled that you came into our family and will gladly keep you. We've probably lost the gift receipt anyway. =)

Here are a couple of birthday videos...taken within the past week.
(I heard the girls laughing in the living room and they came into the kitchen when I asked what was so funny...)

Untitled from BabyLuch on Vimeo.

See...Sam does know where her belly button is...whereabouts anyway!

Untitled from BabyLuch on Vimeo.

No comments: