Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mid March Goodness

A few little things.  I can't believe it's mid March.  The weather has been extremely hopeful...the warm sun, longer days and melting snow...all wonderful. (though I curse last weekends daylight savings...whoever thought that up does not have little kids).  Anyway, we have recovered, no one is sick and the girls have been playing together beautifully.  

Katie wrote "I Love Dad" on our little chalkboard the other week.  Spelled it completely on her own.  You can bet that Ben was pretty pleased.
 My January birthday gift from Auntie Andrea was an annual pass to the science centre...i can't think of a better gift!  The girls had a great time in the new kids area.  Love the airplane and the building area.
 Sam and I met Steph, W and baby N at southgate one morning while Katie was at school.  Sam's holding one of the new snack bags I sewed.  They have been useful and super cute!
 We had a nice sunny day after a bit of a snowfall a couple of weeks ago and went sledding after school with some school friends.
 Katie loves making snow angels.
 Sam and I went to Starbucks last week...just the two of us!  We've had so many playdates/errands lately that we haven't really spent lots of free down time just the two of us.  It was really simple and relaxing...To have my full attention on her...both girls are so independent and play so well together that I can get away with doing other things around them and not actively playing with them.  It's great having that freedom but I do want to remember to take time to BE with them...I sometimes really feel like it won't be long before their teachers see them more than we do.
 Katie had her St.Patrick's day party at school on Friday.  There's something weird about this holiday that compels me to sew something for her.  Working with fabric I had on hand (and after Katie rejected the perfect kelly green linen blend) i decided to use this green and pink strawberry shortcake fabric.  It's a two layered skirt from my Sewing Clothes Kids Love book.  I think she really loves it!  It's got quite a princess flair and sisewise, I think it'll last through the summer.  I did end up buying cheap matching green t shirts for the girls too.  I can only do so much with my fabric stash, which leans toward the pink side of things.


No comments: